Full Stack Web Developer
The full stack developer is responsible for front and back-end web development and will take a key role on our team. It’s required to have knowledge in all stages of software development and to work alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our web applications like content management, e-commerce, applicant tracking systems as well as image processing, computer vision and machine learning.
- Design overall architecture of the web application
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Proficient experience using libraries and frameworks such as Laravel, Django, jQuery etc.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and virtualization like Docker
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically, Japanese a plus
Who we are
The name of the company is innovatech studio (https://innovatech.studio/) and we are a spin-off from Senko Group Holdings Co., Ltd. (http://www.senkogrouphd.co.jp/) which is a Tokyo listed public company with 14K employees and sales of over $4B. We are a unique team of around 25 people whose mission is to develop and integrate emerging technologies including AI and Robotics into Senko’s core business which is logistics, but we also have outside development businesses and services.
What we do
These are our core businesses:
- Provide R&D solutions, including developing and integrating emerging technologies into existing internal business.
- Provide total solutions to consumer mobile and web application services, from research, design, development, maintenance to promotion.
- Provide solutions to create new businesses within a corporation.
We are an incredibly multi-cultural team where there are people from all around the world. Though most of the communication with the customer are in Japanese, internal documents and communication are in English. We do not have managers in a conventional company structure but as a role in each project. We also have a specific cultural goal as below with distinct requirement to match them.
We need someone who challenges something a little more than what they are capable. Someone who speaks up for new ideas and lead the way to change or create them.
We need honest and trustworthy people who respect people around them in and out of office, treating others the way you want to be treated.
We need someone who offer your seat in subway to someone in need, first one to speak up when something is wrong, acting to solve the problem rather than complain.
We need someone who knows how to enjoy life. We have a rule where we do not tolerate grumpiness in our office.
We share information and having full information leads to right decisions.